Baby Bjorn

donkey

Hi

I know this topic has come up everynow and then....but would love to know if:

1. The Baby Bjorn Active is too hot to use in HK weather?
2. The Baby Bjorn Air will not be supportive enough?

Thanks !!

I used the Active from birth to 12 months when my son was 10kgs.
Never found it a problem during summer.

Loved it, and found the extra back support to be essential.
All the baby's weight is supported through the back support rather than the shoulder straps.

Used the Baby Bjorn active. Fantastic support for the back. Son, Mum and Dad loved it. Used it till he was about 10-11 kgs. Through the hot and sticky months in Hong Kong too.

i agree with spockey and matty. the baby bjorn active was our best buy - we used it til our little girl was 11 months or so. the back support was the best. i would highly recommend this one. its ok even during the summer months.

:agree:

Baby Bjorn has also introduced a new carrier called Synergy which combines the mesh part of the Air and the extra back support of the Active.
I'm not sure if it's available in HK yet - it was only launched a month or two ago - I managed to order one from a UK website but I expect the shops here will stock it soon.

Baby Bjorn has also introduced a new carrier called Synergy which combines the mesh part of the Air and the extra back support of the Active.
I'm not sure if it's available in HK yet - it was only launched a month or two ago - I managed to order one from a UK website but I expect the shops here will stock it soon.

Hi Eva08,

So have you started using the Baby Bjorn Synergy and how do you like it so far? Can you please share more info of the UK site with me (such as the link and the shipping fee to HK)?

I know it's available at Mothercare UK but not in their shops here yet. My baby is already 4.5 months old so I'd like to get 1 asap to make the most of it!

Thanks much for sharing!

Cheers,
Beryl

Hi Beryl,

I've not started using the synergy yet as baby is not due until Feb 3rd (actually it's still in its box and I should really start to figure out how it works soon!!)
I bought it from a website called Kiddicare.com - but I just checked the website again and they don't seem to stock it anymore. It's also available on twoleftfeet.co.uk - and they will ship internationally but I don't know how much that would cost (actually I didn't have it delivered as I had some relatives bring it over from the UK when they visited).

http://www.twoleftfeet.co.uk/Baby_Bjorn_Synergy_Carrier_Black.html

Apart from that, there seem to be a few US based websites that stock it also - again not sure about the shipping to HK though...

Eva

Thanks for the info, Eva08. Actually my bro lives in London but he's not coming back in the near future, and I believe the shipping cost offered by the shop would be about the same as if my bro post it for me. Anyhow, thanks again for your speedy response and good luck with your delivery!! :gl:

BTB told me that they will have it in mid Jan but not sure of the price yet. You may want to check. Actually I need to check with them as well!

Hi donkey,

Thanks for the heads-up! I see from the US sites that the retail price is around US$150. I'm planning to order one from ebay and expect to pay about US$160-$170 incl. shipping.

Now I'm thinking if I should get it in black (more practical) or white (more stylish)... I think it's likely to be black. What is your choice then? :)

Black may be more practical.... I haven't called BTB yet. will check with them this weekend. When will you order yours?

Within a day or 2 I believe. Perhaps I'll give BTB a call tomorrow and find out more. Will keep you posted. ;)

I got the black one - for practical reasons aswell! I was thinking that the white one might get grubby and wasn't sure they'd be easy to clean - though the instructions do claim they're machine washable at 40C so perhaps it wouldn't be a problem!

Yes, pls let me know if BTB have them or when they will have them...if it will take a while then may be we can order it on line together and save on the shipping!

also can get it through amazon.

Hi, checked with BTB Central but they don't have this latest model yet. And the saleslady isn't sure when they will have it.

I've sent you a PM on the combined ordering. Please check.

Really? Hm...I hope they will have stocks very soon then. But it's good to know that they sell it at $1050 only! :)

hey there,

If another is interested to get the synergy model, you may try calling BTB to see if they still have stocks (they only stock in a few this time). I got mine yesterday. According to the staff, they should be expecting a container to arrive on Jan 22 or so. The retail price is $1,050.

hi donkey, one is being reserved for you under my name. Please check PM for details.

Back